L B Havering Building Control fee increase 1st April 2015 and change to how fee is collected

To explain the new changes, here is a background of existing arrangements on paying Building Regulation fees for a Full Plans application, i.e. an application where plans are submitted for approval.  In most larger extensions, loft conversions and other developments, it has been the practice of the London Borough of Havering and indeed all Local Authorities in a wide area of this Borough, for 25% of the Building Regulation application fee to be collected on submission of the plans. The remaining 75% would be paid on commencement of the building work.

As of 1st April 2015, all Building Regulation application fees will be payable at the application stage.  This will mean that a much higher amount will be required on submission, although no further fees will be payable to Building Control when the work commences.  It has always been the case that  all of the fees would be payable in the case of Building Notice applications.

Should you have any queries on Building Regulation fees please Contact Us via our website for more advice or call us on 01708 228684.

Here is a link to the page on the London Borough of Havering website with a download of the new Charges Schedule for 2015-2016  http://www.havering.gov.uk/Pages/SearchResults.aspx?k=Building%20Control%20Charges